[VIDEO] The 5 Landing Page Questions to Ask to Increase Conversions
Incorporating a landing page into your company website can make your online advertising more effective. A landing page is the webpage that is linked to your advertisements. It is more effective than sending users to the advertisers home page. Home pages are mostly just designed for informative purposes.
1. Why is it important to send users to a Landing Page vs. Home Page?
A landing page is more focused on converting users, or encouraging them to buy your product. Just recently, 44% of clicks of a B2B company are directed to the home page, not a landing page. Of the B2B companies that are using landing pages to drive traffic, 62% of them only have 6 or fewer landing pages. Typically a company doing online advertising will want to have 6 or more landing pages to cater to each product or service they offer.
2. What are the channels where landing pages are used?
Landing pages are best used in direct response channels – Google Adswords, Facebook or email marketing. And a landing page is where the user will take an action, whether it’s a opt-in for a Lead Magnet or a purchase of a product. A Lead Magnet is usually a free piece of content that draws a user in and encourages them to give the advertiser their email address.
3. What kinds of offers work well on landing pages?
Lead Magnets such as free trials, newsletter signups, and webinar sign ups can also be found on effective landing pages.
4. What Is the Architecture of a landing page?
When it comes to creating a landing page, here are the main components:
- A headline to draw the users in
- A concise description of your offer and its benefits
- No visible links to other pages of your website (i.e. the homepage)
- Call to action. The call to action is the most important! It’s typically a link that takes the user to a lead capture. Also make sure that the user can easily share the landing page with their peers via social media channels.
5. What are some of the softwares/platforms out there used for landing pages?
There are several different landing page software’s available to choose from, such as OptimizePress, as well as Leadpages, ClickFunnels, and Instapage. With easy to use software such as those mentioned above, you can make your own landing page in no time to optimize the click through traffic your ads will be generating.
For more podcasts and videos, please subscribe to my 6 Minutes to Marketing Success channel on Youtube. Please share comments or questions about this post of if you’d like to us to cover other digital marketing topics.
Jean Ginzburg is a Digital Marketing Expert. Her passion is helping businesses thrive and achieve their ROI goals with digital marketing. Jean has grown hundreds of businesses, including several businesses to 7 figure results.